• Where is KAROO RANCHING located?
KAROO RANCHING is more of a movement than a place.
We have a number of KAROO RANCHING properties that act as venues for our events, photoshoots and film sets.
Whichever one you book, you’ll be given a location pin directly.
• Do I need to be able to horse ride to visit KAROO RANCHING?
Not at all. There is space for everyone here.
• Can we customise our stay?
We cater for unique experiences.
Groups are welcome to browse the itinerary of the annual events and make up their own order of events for the given time that they are visiting. As far possible, we will make it happen.
If it is not practical or suitable for some reason, we will discuss this with you and suggest alternative activities.
• Is there a dress code?
We constantly have professional photographers and filmmakers on our properties doing shoots.
And sometimes our guests need to be part of those film sets.
And you never what to be ‘that guy’ with the bright t-shirt.
Subtle brands & colours
Leather shoes or boots
Wide brim hats
Loud brands & colours
Bright / white T - shirts
White/ black sneakers or shoes
Caps or beanies
• Are there other activities to do while visiting KAROO RANCHING?
· Day Trips – Graaff -Reinet (Valley of Desolation, Art Galleries,
Restaurants, Coffee Roasteries)
· Day Trip – Nieu- Bethesda (Owl House, Two Goats Craft Brewery, Local Shops, Die Waenhuis)
· Day Trip – Sheep Farming (Visiting local sheep farmers & learning
about sheep farming)
· Day Trip – Cattle Farming (Visiting farms with different cattle breeds)
· Day Trip – Rubidge Fossil Collection (Largest privately owned fossil
collection in the world)
· Day Trip – Bird Watching (Local guides provided)
· Day Trip – Wine Tasting (Some of the best kept secrets are shared on
· Day Trip - Clay Pigeon Shooting
· KAROO RANCHING shop (Clothes, leather bags, antiques, accessories)
• Is there a minimum duration stay?
We cater for a minimum of two nights at any of the KAROO RANCHING properties.